Therapeutic massage is considered to be the most widespread and well-known massage of all the types of massage used in physiotherapy. It is used to treat a number of problems and its effect is universal in all systems of the body. Now you can have it from the tranquility of your home for even better results.
Therapeutic massage has a beneficial effect on the musculoskeletal system, the cardiovascular and lymphatic systems, the nervous system and the skin. In addition, therapeutic massage improves lung capacity, slows down the rate of breathing, reduces stress and anxiety, and gives the practitioner a sense of well-being and relaxation.
The techniques with which therapeutic massage is applied, consists of 5 basic movements – strokes
1. quick gentle strokes that increase the body temperature,
2. gentle movements to activate the muscles, using the fingers,
3. all the hard and rigid muscles of the body are massaged,
4. gentle strokes with the sides of the palm of the hand,
5. applying pressure and vibration to the hard parts of the muscles.
These 5 basic movements can be applied all over the body, from the head to the lower limbs, with admittedly impressive results for the practitioner.